Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So This is Love...


I am a Mommy! My sweet baby boy surprised us with an early arrival on Friday, March 27th! We named him Jackson Garrett Atwell and I promise you...he's perfect. He is literally everything I dreamed of and more. He was 6 lbs even at birth, measuring 20 1/4 inches long. Long and lean, just like his Momma. He favors Scott definitely, sharing his forehead, his eyes, his cheeks, his mouth and even his weird pinky toe. But he has my nose, the same nose that my mom has and the same nose that my Grandpa jack had - the man Jackson was named after. He also clearly has my attitude! He doesn't like to be messed with, and he'll let you know about it right away.

We made it home Sunday night and enjoyed our first couple of days together as a new family...God I'm blessed. Then Tuesday we were re-admitted to the hospital after discovering that Jackson's billi-reuben level (for Jaundice) had gone up to a dangerous level. So now, here I sit, in the NICU watching my son sleep under bright florescent lights. The lights are known to "bake" the billi levels right out of the skin. I know God's hand is on us. I've felt him with me since my labor started. I know that he will bring us through this and send my baby home with me in just a few short days. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

I am so overjoyed that I can't even see straight. I've never been so happy in all of my life. I've never felt so FULL of life! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. What did I do to deserve such a beautiful boy? I must have done something right.

"Must be doin' somethin' right
I just heard ya sigh
Lean into my kiss
And close those deep blue need you eyes
Don't know what I did
To earn a love like this
But baby I must be doin' somethin' right"

- Billy Currington "Must be Doin' Somethin' Right"



If you're interested in hearing the whole story, let me know. I'm currently writing about the entire experience, and I'd be glad to e-mail it to you. It's a little intense to just post in a blog, so I won't be posting it here.

No comments: